Monday, September 3, 2012

Visit to the Fort Wayne Zoo

On one of our last days of vacation with Baba, we decided to take a trip to the zoo. This was Hannah's second visit, but she was much more interested this year, mainly because she was older.  She was really into taking pictures on the statues. One of the funniest parts of the day was when she snuck up behind a peacock and she scared it, but not really on purpose. If I remember right, she was just trying to get the stroller to me.  The peacock shook and all of its feathers came out- it made a noise I can't really describe, but it about made me pee my pants. We stood in awe after it turned around and just couldn't believe that happened.  It turned out to be a really nice day and we had a really good time.

She is quite the poser now days. 

Inside the little train


Riding the merry-go-round was a first.  Of course she chose to ride on the panda- must be her culture pulling her in.  She had a blast and smiled every time we came around to see Baba. Even though I am right next to her in the picture, I did ride on my own animal and kept my hand behind her to catch her in case she fell. :) I was a little scared for her. :)


Feeding the giraffe.

She wasn't into brushing the goats, but I did manage to snap this picture.

Since the fair, she has talked about tractors.  We tried to warn her that she might not see a tractor at the zoo, but we came out of the petting zoo and there it was- just for her.

Here is the peacock that Hannah scared and then it scared us back.

She wasn't big on letting the geese eat the food out of her hand, so she threw it to them.



For this one, I took a picture of just her, but then she demanded that
I take a pic-pic with her and Baba could take the picture.

Feeling a snake for the first time- it feels like a basketball.







No comments:

Post a Comment