Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Flying our First Kite


Hannah and I have been reading the book Every Year on your Birthday before we go to bed. It is a book about a mom adopting a little girl from China and then telling about things they do on her birthday each year. One of the pictures shows them at the beach flying a kite, so I thought it would be fun to show Hannah a real kite and try to fly it.  We drove to a school soccer field closest to us and experimented.  Roger and I haven't flown a kite ourselves for a few years, so we weren't sure how it was going to go, but I told him all you do is throw it up and let the wind do the rest. It wasn't as windy as we needed, but it still worked. Hannah had a good time and it ended with a tantrum because she didn't want to leave, but I didn't think to take a picture of that. :)



A little girl amazed by the little things !!



Look Baba, there it is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment